Unable to login Catalyst 2948G-GE-TX

Answered Question
Jan 16th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi all,

when i loggin-in my catalyst 2948-GE-TX through console it throws an error message stating...

TACACS: Unable to contact Server

Sorry. Try again.

when i telnet it..... it shows ....

TACACS: Unable to contact Server

Connection to host lost.

wat shud i do now to login into my switch ???

Regards,

Sathish

Correct Answer by sourabhagarwal about 10 years 7 months ago

I feel while configuring TACACS, under authentication mechanism you have not set to authenticate through local database in case TACACS is down.

In this case I feel TACACS is down and you have not configured local authentication, that's why you are unable to login.

try to disconnect switch from the network and login through username password configured locally. if it is not configured locally access switch through console and then configure TACACS to accept local authentication as well.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
sourabhagarwal Tue, 01/16/2007 - 05:28
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I feel while configuring TACACS, under authentication mechanism you have not set to authenticate through local database in case TACACS is down.

In this case I feel TACACS is down and you have not configured local authentication, that's why you are unable to login.

try to disconnect switch from the network and login through username password configured locally. if it is not configured locally access switch through console and then configure TACACS to accept local authentication as well.

sathishce Tue, 01/16/2007 - 06:15
User Badges:

Thx a lot....

am able to login now. thx for ur support.

Actions

This Discussion