Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to login Catalyst 2948G-GE-TX

sathishce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

when i loggin-in my catalyst 2948-GE-TX through console it throws an error message stating...

TACACS: Unable to contact Server

Sorry. Try again.

when i telnet it..... it shows ....

TACACS: Unable to contact Server

Connection to host lost.

wat shud i do now to login into my switch ???

Regards,

Sathish

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

I feel while configuring TACACS, under authentication mechanism you have not set to authenticate through local database in case TACACS is down.

In this case I feel TACACS is down and you have not configured local authentication, that's why you are unable to login.

try to disconnect switch from the network and login through username password configured locally. if it is not configured locally access switch through console and then configure TACACS to accept local authentication as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

I feel while configuring TACACS, under authentication mechanism you have not set to authenticate through local database in case TACACS is down.

In this case I feel TACACS is down and you have not configured local authentication, that's why you are unable to login.

try to disconnect switch from the network and login through username password configured locally. if it is not configured locally access switch through console and then configure TACACS to accept local authentication as well.

Thx a lot....

am able to login now. thx for ur support.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card