cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Posture Validation (NOD32, WinXP)

dmitri_vilesov
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo! I'm implementing NAC Framework solution. I have already installed CTA, ACS and configured Cisco Catalyst 3560G to use NAC. So on the ACS i can receive some posture information from CTA (cta version), but, unfortunalety, i can't receive OS version, anti-virus software version and so on (i have WinXP Home Edition, and Eset NOD32 on the client). What could be the problem? I can suppose, that i need to install NOD32 Posture Plugin, but i can't find it on the www.eset.com. And what can i do with OS attributes?

Thank You in advance!

P.S. Sorry For my poor english 8)

2 Replies 2

rdamaso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Dimitri.

Certainly, you have to install on client the posture info to CTA send to ACS. Normally, this info stays on C:\program files\common files\PostureAgent\Plugins folder.

Launch C:\program files\cisco systems\ciscotrustagent\ctastat.exe to know what kind of info CTA is sending to ACS.

Did you configure the ACS posture validation correctly?

Regards.

Thnx! Posture works fine (ACS receive CTA info, and now i configured it to receive OS info) - so at this point everything is ok! But i still have problems with my antivirus software (Eset NOD32). I can't find any *.adf (attribute defenition files) and *.inf and *.dll files to make posture work right.Do you have any suggestions - where i can find it on the web? ("C:\program files\common files\PostureAgent\Plugins folder" in this directory i only have info about CTA and Network Associates AV)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: