cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to trade-in my WLSE for WCS?

david.yu
Level 1
Level 1

My sales rep told me that we can trade-in or upgrade our WLSE into a WCS? How can I do that

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Here is the info you are looking for;

Converting a CiscoWorks WLSE to Cisco WCS

The CiscoWorks WLSE conversion SKUs support two Cisco WCS feature options: Base or Location. The Base feature supports standard Cisco WCS capabilities. The Location option includes all Base features plus the ability to track a single Wi-Fi device on demand or expand location capabilities by adding a Cisco Wireless Location Appliance to simultaneously track up to 2500 Wi-Fi devices. The conversion SKUs are available in increments of 50, 100, 500, 1000, or 2500 lightweight access points.

All CiscoWorks WLSE conversion SKUs ship with two special conversion CDs. These CDs check to make sure that a CiscoWorks WLSE is installed prior to beginning the Cisco WCS conversion process. The software will not install if the CiscoWorks WLSE software check, performed by the conversion software, does not pass.

This SKU family supports only CiscoWorks WLSE hardware models 1130-19 and 1133. To find the model number of a CiscoWorks WLSE, look at the compliance label on the bottom of the chassis front bezel. Only CiscoWorks WLSE with a compliance label that says 1130-19 or 1133 can be converted to Cisco WCS.

Note: CiscoWorks WLSE Express (Model 1030) and CiscoWorks WLSE (Model 1105) are not supported with CiscoWorks WLSE conversion SKUs. Do not install the CiscoWorks WLSE CDs on the CiscoWorks WLSE Express (Model 1030) appliance or CiscoWorks WLSE (Model 1105). This conversion is not supported and it will not work.

Once converted, a CiscoWorks WLSE is no longer a self-contained appliance; it becomes a server that runs Cisco WCS software using RedHat Linux ES v. 4.0. The converted CiscoWorks WLSE operates as a new Cisco WCS installation and supports only lightweight access points and wireless LAN controllers that are running Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP). Autonomous access points are not supported by a converted CiscoWorks WLSE.

Customers migrating their CiscoWorks WLSE to Cisco WCS do not need to buy a copy of RedHat Linux ES v. 4.0 software. A copy of RedHat Linux ES v. 4.0 software is included with the CiscoWorks WLSE migration CDs. (RedHat Linux AS v. 4.0 is not supported by a converted CiscoWorks WLSE.)

***Note: A CiscoWorks WLSE that has been converted to Cisco WCS cannot be reverted back to operate as a CiscoWorks WLSE.***

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/prod_bulletin0900aecd804b4635.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card