Views
Helpful
Replies

Call router error (ASAP)

haroon.rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

My call router shows following errors .

1. connectivity with duplex partner has been lostdue to failure of the private network or duplex router is out of service.

2.TCP connection to Application Gateway Host has been broken.

3.Error receiving data from Application Gateway Host.

4.The external database has disconnected from the Application Gateway ( ID = 5011 ). Routing may be impacted.

5.Heartbeat fail limit reached - closing the connection. Application Gateway ID = 5011.

please explain how do i trouble shoot this or where do i start from.

10 Replies 10

ssielaff
Level 1
Level 1

I would start by troubleshooting the network. it sounds like you are losing connection on at least one interface.

well i can guessed that as well . but i dont understand why is it happening and how to fix it .

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a couple of things that could be causing this issue. The primary issue cause is usually latency within the "private" LAN that the A side of the router uses to talk to the B side of the router.

The two routers can also communicate via the "public" LAN interfaces as well. Again if there is latency between the two call routers then one side will declare the other side "unavailable" and take over call processing.

The last possibility is that there is a failure on either side of the ICM router components.

I would first confirm that both sides of the ICM are up and take a health check of the system using the rttest command. usage details are at the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a00800ac69b.shtml

Also there is a wealth of diagnostic information for the ICM/IPCC Enterprise the Cisco web site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/prod_tech_notes_list.html

Lastly I would turn up some tracing on the ICM routers to get a better understanding of what is going on with the heart beat messages.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008012a907.shtml

Turning up tracing on the ICM router is fairly complex and processor intensive so I would do it after hours and definitely enlist the help of an experienced Cisco TAC engineer.

Thats great!

I have verified all these things and contacted tac as well now the issue is they have prescribed us a hot fix of microsoft for windows 2003 server sp1 because tcp/ip packets are lost in between , i have installed hotfix "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922972"

now as restart the machine after the installation my lan connectivity goes down as i have attached in the screenshot an soon as i unsinstall the hot fix it goes up again ,due to these packet losses i m facing some data coruption in web view reports now please help me out with this thing.

both ICM routers are geogrphiclly distributed and connected through WAN.

some time local PG on sideB lost the connection to local ICM Router.

Have you seen the link above , what happens is when ever i install the hot fix given by microsoft my lan card goes down what do you suggest.

Sounds very much like networking issues between sites/servers.

Can you ping ok between all sites and services using both the address and the hostname?

Do you have a persistant route set up between the private links?

Is the bindingorder of the network cards correct? eg Public then private?

Are these boxes Proggers, roggers or seperate routers, loggers and PG's.

What version of ICM are we talking about?

The answer to your questions are.

1) Can you ping ok between all sites and services using both the address and the hostname?

ANS: yes the ping is ok between all sites and services

2)Do you have a persistant route set up between the private links?

ANS: yes we have a persistant route for 24/7 for the private link.

3)Is the bindingorder of the network cards correct? eg Public then private?

ANS: yes the binding order is correct for both links

4)Are these boxes Proggers, roggers or seperate routers, loggers and PG's?

ANS:we have got seperate machines of logger , router and PG's

5)What version of ICM are we talking about?

ANS: we are using ICM 7.0 SR 4.

marktindal
Level 1
Level 1

A few things to try here...

Can your A side see your B side? try Pinging

RTTEST will tell you the current status of all the processes

Turn up tracing to FFFF in the registry (don't leave it at this once work is comlpete)

Use the command DUMPLOG to get the log files and post them up here.

Get one side working first by shutting down processes all processes on eg Side B, that should get you service back in the meantime. (Simplex mode)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: