Views
Helpful
Replies

labs with 6500 switches

lunarsystems
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to setup labs with 6500 series switches. I have a few various modules for the switch including sup32, 6816-GBIC and others.

Can anyone point me to documentation/labs that show how to setup these kind of labs?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Which kinds of labs!! CCIE lab or what?

CCNP or CCIE or other.

I want to understand how to configure the 6500 switches, where one would use them, lab scenarios.

Dear,

Regarding the place of Cisco 6500, it's usually placed in Distribution or core layer, how about the other equipment that will be used beside the 6500, if you are interesting to only know how to configure 6500, use the below URL to download 6500 configurations guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00801609ea.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_guide_book09186a008007fa24.html

Please rate helpful posts

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

I would like to learn how to setup the 6500 with other equipment.

I am interested in the networks built on 6500s, NOT just the 6500s on its own.

What equipment, in what situations will be used with the 6500s, etc, etc?

It depends on what LAb you are trying to set up. 6500 can be configured as Layer-2/3 switch or as only router with a lots of interfaces.

I had used 6500's only to make BIG labs like EIGRP/OSPF etc. It all depends on what LAB you can setting up and you can fit 6500's anywhere with or without 3rd party devices.

-amit singh

I want to make BIG labs. Where can I find scenarios or documentation that demonstarates what other Cisco devices can be connected to the 6500 and in what situations?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: