Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 5.1 SIP 3rd Party Phone Software

dom-ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does the Cisco Call Manager 5.0 or 5.1 solution support a 3rd Party SOFTWARE phone? Something like Xten, etc.

I have tried looking for any type of software and read the documentation for 5.0.4 and could not find anything for software 3rd party devices.

I have attempted to configure the xten softphone software but I'm getting an error "399 Device not found in database" I think this is from Call Manager.

With the MAC address I have entered the address of the pc.

Reason for my question is that we have a number of Apple Mac and Linux systems and the IP Communicator does not support any other OS other than Windows.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dominic

6 Replies 6

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dominic,

Call Manager 5.0 & 5.1 do support 3rd Party SIP Phones. I have attached a link that has a configuration check list.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530ff7.html

I also have the Xten 3rd Party SIP Soft Phone running with Call Manager 5.0(4) in my lab. One configuration note with this phone & Call Manager is that the Digest User ID must be numeric. Call Manager will reject an alpha numeric user id with this phone.

Not sure why this happens. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks dfogler!

I had it working all day yesterday thanks!

The problem now is all devices are showing as "Registration Rejected" on the CCM and the Sip phones (Xten, etc.) show "Warning: 399 Blank Digest Credentials".

I have confirmed these details have been entered into the sip phone but CCM is not having it.

I have even rebooted the CCM server!

Arrrh!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Dom

Hi. I am trying to register Linksys SPA942 and I have the same problem with Digest credentials. The sme warning "Blank Digest Credentials". Have you fix this issue yet?

Regards Miroslav

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dominic,

How did you get on with a 3rd party SIP softphone? I'm trying to get one working on CCM5 and having Registration Rejected. Can you help?

I have a LinkSys SPA 942 registered with CM6 and a GrandStream 2000 registered with CM5.

I too faced the digest problem, but after a bit of experimentation, it worked fine.

Let me know if you still neeed an answer to this, or if you have solved this.

Hey Shahedvoicerite. I am able to get the GXP2000 to work but I have 2 issues

1. I can add and get the second line to work but in callmanager, phone says partial registered. Second line works fine. YOu can get call in and out.

2. If I enabled digest authentication, I couldn't get it to work. THe CCM traces say it couldn't decrypt the password but I couldn't see any SIP password encryption setting on the GXP2000.

ANy help is always appreciated. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: