Views
Helpful
Replies

Operator Scenario on CME

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I am new in cisco CME. The current topology is relatively easy 12 FXO lines terminated on Cisco 2851 with CME installed.

The operator has 79760 + 7914. My question is what is the best way to configure the operator lines?Is it hunt group? and If anybody has sample configuration I would appreciate that.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

if you have a single operator, hunt-group does not make sense. What you may want is B-ACD and queues, please look in the CCME documentation to learn how to do that.

Well, what the customer wants is to have all calls directly forwarded to the operator. In the night he wants the calls to be forwarded to the CUE greeting where the caller can leave a message.

Let me know ur feedback,

Regards,

Well, the thing is that with CME, each Direcory Number can have a maximum of two calls. So, unless you use park slots, Operator will be able to have, at most, one call on hold and one in conversation. All other incoming calls will ring while waiting, assuming that you have configured connection plar opx.

The B-ACD feature, that is embedded in CME will instead give them a voice prompt, and optionally choices on how to direct calls by extensions, to be put on the operator queue. You can still use the ephone login feature (with autologout) so calls will be directed to CUE when no operator is present.

THanks for the feedback. If I need to use the B-ACD do I have to have Cisco Unity Express?

If I have the cisco Unity express, is it better to use it rather than the B-ACD?

Thanks,

I understand that CUE has extended scripting capabilities, but I'm not yet familiar with that. I had no problem in setting a simple B-ACD, I loaded the external script ver 2.1.2.2, in the router. I see that version 2.1.0.0 is also builtin in the IOS images and could be usable as well.

The assumption is that you have connection plar opx pointing to that 7960 phone. Let's say that number is 222, and you have it as a primary line. If you configure it as a single line, and set up call forward busy to go to the second line on your phone (and here you can use whatever you want to as the extension), then you already have the ability to receive two calls on the phone. You set up call forward busy on the second to the third line (also a single-line dn)on your phone. And so on...

Example

ephone-dn 1

number 222

call-forward busy 422

ephone-dn 2

number 422

call-forward busy 423

ephone-dn 3

number 423

call-foward busy 424 or voicemail

ephone 1

mac-address what.ever.rrrr

type 7960

button 1:1 2:2 3:3

Let me know if this works for you.

Dragi

Hello,

I have found the B-ACD external script ver 2.1.2.2 on my router. If I do enable this script, is it easy to modify? Or I just have to change the welcome prompt wav file and I will be good to go?

Thanks,

Usually, modifying the script is not necessary, but you need to configure the various parameters as per documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00805f22ca.html

Thanks for the info I will go through the document.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: