Jabber Windows cannot control phone device from client
User can authenticate to Jabber Windows, and IM/Presence functions correctly, but the phone control does not. When going into Options > Phone Accounts, all you see is a spinning wheel.
Jabber for Windows 9.0.1
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5.1
Cisco Unified Presence 8.6.3
Jabber for Windows will authenticate with the CUPS server, then attempt to locate the authenticated users CCMCIP profile to download the list of associated devices that user is allowed to control. If this service is not activated, or if this user has no devices associated with them, than phone control will not work.
- Verify the CCMCIP service is in a "Running" state on the CUCM server
(Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Network Services > CM Services > Cisco CallManager Cisco IP Phone Service)
- Verify the device in question is associated with the end-user
(Cisco Unified CM Administration > User Management > End User > username > Device Information > Device Association)
- Verify the line appearance in question is associated with the end-user and device
(Cisco Unified CM Administration > Device > Phone > dn_in_question > line appearance > User Associated with Line)
- Verify the CCMCIP Profile in CUPS is configured and associated with the end-user and is configured for the correct CCMCIP Host
(Cisco Unified Presence Administration > Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > CCMCIP Profile > profile > Primary CCMCIP Host & Users in Profile)
- Verify the Audio Profile in CUPS is configured and associated with the end-user
(Cisco Unified Presence Administration > Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Audio Profile > profile > Users in Profile)
Follow the documentation for CUCM, CUPS, and Jabber for Windows to verify all the steps have been performed.