Unable to share desktop on Jabber for Windows.
The Desktop Sharing Option is grayed out in the Chat Window.
Cisco Jabber 9.0.1
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.1 and 8.6.2
Cisco Unified Presence Server 8.x (On-premises deployment)
Cisco WebEx Connect (Cloud based deployments)
To configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager for video desktop sharing, you need to apply a COP file to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and enable video desktop sharing on the SIP profiles of CSF devices.
Configuring Desktop Sharing on CUCM 8.6.1 -
On the CUCM Admin page –
1. Enable desktop sharing on the SIP Profile for the appropriate CSF devices. To do that –
- Select Device >Device Settings >SIP Profile
- Select the appropriate SIP profile
- In the Trunk Specific Configuration section, select Allow Presentation Sharing Using BFCP
- Select Save
2. Apply the SIP profile to the appropriate CSF devices as follows:
- Select Device > Phone on an individual device.
- Use the Bulk Administration Tool for multiple devices.
Configuring Desktop Sharing on CUCM 8.6.2 -
On the CUCM –
1. Upload and apply the ‘cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn ‘ COP file for desktop sharing, you can download the Admin folder on the following link to get access to the same.
2. Restart the CUCM 8.6.2 as follows
- Open the Cisco Unified OS Administration interface
- Select Settings > Version
- Select Restart
- Repeat the steps for each node in the cluster, starting with the presentation server.
3. Enable video desktop sharing on the SIP Profile for the appropriate CSF devices and apply the SIP profile to the CSF devices, as outlined earlier.
4. Enable video desktop sharing capability on the appropriate devices as follows –
For an individual device, select Allow Presentation Sharing Using BFCP and then select Save
For multiple devices, do the following –
- Select Bulk Administration > Phones > Export Phones > All Details.
- Select Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files and download the exported CSV file.
- Open the CSV file with any editor.
- Insert a column named Allow presentation sharing using BFCP into the CSV file.
- Set the value of the column to Y for all required devices.
- Save the CSV file.
- Select the Override the existing configuration option.
- Import the CSV file.
- Select Run Immediately.
- Select Submit.PREVENTION
Note: - As of this release, Cisco Jabber for Windows supports video desktop sharing in software phone mode only. Video desktop sharing is not available in desk phone mode.
- You cannot enable video desktop sharing on the default SIP profile. You can copy the default SIP Profile and save it as a new one.