The PIX Firewall needs to be configured to communicate with a TACACS+ or RADIUS server.
To resolve this issue, perform these steps:
- Configure Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) on the PIX Firewall and AAA server.
- Re-enable extended authentication (Xauth).
- Retry the client VPN connection.
For more information, refer to these documents:
- For a sample configuration, refer to How to Add AAA Authentication (Xauth) to PIX IPSec 5.2 and Later.
- For information on configuring PIX firewall,refer to Configuring the PIX Firewall section of Managing VPN Remote Access.
PIX Software Version
PIX version 5.x
PIX version 6.x
VPN Tunnel Initialization
Cannot pass phase I (Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol [ISAKMP])