The following error is seen when creating a backup from either ACS 5.x or ISE to an external FTP repository
"Error: lock file is locked"
Cisco ACS 5.x and ISE Full and Incremental Backup failed Errors seen during backup are:
1. AlarmOccurred At: Tue Feb 07 11:11:36 UTC 2012 Cause: On-demand Full Backup failed Details: Error: lock file is locked
2. AlarmOccurred At: Wed Feb 08 05:15:34 UTC 2012 Cause: Incremental Backup Failed Details: Error: lock file is locked
User want to integrate SMS gateway to Cisco ISE 1.2 and his question is
SMS notifications are supported for Guest self-registration Services ? or it should be done by Sponsor.
1. Make sure on the FTP server under the user go to shared folders and see if the overwrite permissions is enable or read/write
2. If that doesn’t help , Please log into the server in the repository directory delete the file repolock.cfg locked file
3. Try the full and Incremental Backup again.
The author of this document is Jacob Ideji.