If the driver for the card is not installed or loaded properly, the Aironet Client Utility (ACU) displays this error message (Linux).
To resolve this issue, perform these steps:
- Rerun the installation script by issuing the show ./cwinstall command from the directory where the AIROLINUXv?????.tar.gz file was unzipped.
Another reason for the error message could be that the kernel has been compiled without the appropriate wireless options.
When compiling the kernel, do so without Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) support.
Note: Support for the card will be added when you install the latest pcmcia-cs.
- Select the Networking device support > Wireless LAN (non-hamradio) option.
There are also other solutions available for this
- Run the command 'insmod mpi350.o' and then run the '/opt/cisco/bin/acu'
- Try to install Linux Beta Driver[linux-beta.tar driver] on the machine.
- Try to upgrade the firmware to 4.25.x and downgrade the ACU utility to 2.0
WLAN adapters (wireless card) / ACU (Aironet Client Utility)