Perform these steps only to upgrade Java to the latest recommended version of the CSCP documentation. For further assistance, contact Cisco Technical Support. The obtain the latest version of Java, refer to www.sun.com/java
To install JDK 1_4_2_XX, perform these steps:
- Copy su to root.
- Copy the binary to the /usr directory.
cp j2sdk-1_4_2_04-solaris-sparc.sh /usr
- Copy cd to the /usr directory.
- Make sure the binary is executable. If it is not:
chmod u+x j2sdk-1_4_2_XX-solaris-sparc.sh
- Execute the binary, space through the license, and type yes.
- Remove the old java link.
- Add a new link to the new version of Java.
ln -s /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_XX/bin/java /usr/bin/java
- Confirm the new version of java is being used.
This is the output result:
java version "1.4.2_XX"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_XX-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_03-b02, mixed mode)
- Remove the installer from the /usr directory.