This issue is encountered when using multiple e-mail servers. MailView uses Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) and IMAP referrals are not supported in Cisco IP Phone Productivity Services (PPS), which results in the error message being displayed.
To address this issue, perform these steps:
- Open a command window and issue the telnet <unity-server-name> 143 and login <userid> <password> commands.
At this point you would see this message:
OK [REFERRAL imap://redmond%2Freedl%2Fimapf;[email protected]]
- Select Inbox.
This message indicates that IMAP referrals are not supported:
No, There is no replica for that mailbox on this server
- Log out of the Telnet connection by typing logout and pressing Enter.
To configure the PPS server to use the referred exchange server, perform these steps:
- Run Regedit on the PPS server.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\MailView.
- Change the ActiveVoiceServer key value to the IP address or hostname of the referred (as seen from the message in the login command) to the exchange server.
- Restart the PPS server.
For more information about resolving Cisco IP PPS, refer to these documents: