The issue is generally seen because of some issues with DCOM settings in Cisco Unity or the TAPI service provider (TSP).
Complete these steps on the workstation from where you are trying to play the voice mail.
- Select Start > Run > dcomcnfg.
- Expand component services and Computers.
- Right-click on My computer and select default properties.
- Click No for all of the DCOM configuration warnings.
- Click on the Default Properties tab once the Distributed COM Configuration Properties window appears.
- Check Enable Distributed COM on this computer.
- Under Default Distributed COM communication properties, select CONNECT for Default Authentication Level and IDENTIFY for Default Impersonation Level.
- Click OK.
- Reboot the machine.
If this does not resolve the issue, upgrade the Cisco Unity TSP to the latest version that is compatible with Cisco Unity.
Note: Open Unity Tools , click Reporting Tools and double-click Gather Unity System info (GUSI) to check the TSP version.