Cisco Support Community
Ping Test is generally used to test the reachability of a connection in a network. Ping Test Parameters are used to choose ping packets which performs ping test from a source to destination.
Step 1. Use the Router Configuration Utility to choose Administration > Diagnostics. The Diagnostics page opens.
Ping Test Parameters Information
• Ping Target IP — Specify the target IP address of the device.
• No. of Pings — Specify the number of times the device connectivity to be tested using ping.
• Ping Interval — Ping Interval states how frequently the device should be pinged. Specify Ping interval in milliseconds. Long ping interval might lead to packet delay and drop.
• Ping Size — Specify Ping packet size, which is sent to the Target device.
• Ping Timeout — Specify the Ping Timeout interval in milliseconds.
Step 2. Click Start Test to perform the Ping Test to get valid results. To abort, click Abort Test to stop the Ping Test. Click Clear Test to clear the results from the Ping Test.