Cisco Support Community
To access Cisco devices it is required for users to register in the local database of the device.This article guides in configuring user credentials using the Security Appliance Configuration Utility.
1. Click Administration tab on the Security Appliance Configuration Utility.
2. Click Users > Users.
3. Click Add to register a new user.
4. Enter the User Name, First Name and Last Name in the respective fields.
5. From the User Type drop-down list choose the type of user.
6. From the Select Group field drop-down list, choose the appropriate group of the user.
7. Enter the password in the Password field.
8. Confirm the password by reentering the password in the Confirm Password field.
9. Configure the timeout period in minutes in the Idle Timeout field.
10. Click Apply.