Cisco Support Community
The System Log feature allows you to monitor network traffic between the network and the Internet.
The objective of this document is to explain the configuration of system logs to keep record of specified events such as ACL, DoS and URL Detect using the graphical user interface of the WRV210 router.
• WRV210 Wireless-G Router
Step 1. Choose Administration > Log using the graphical user interface of the WRV210 Router.
Step 2. Click the Enabled radio button in the System Log field if the system log is not already enabled.
Step 3. Enter the IP address where the system log should be sent in the Log Viewer IP Address field.
Step 4. In the Event Types field, check the check box for each type of event that will activate the system log.
• System — Keeps log of system shutdown, system startup, and establishment of Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections.
• ACL — Violation of an access policy.
• DoS — Denial of service attack.
• URL Detect — Violation of URL filtering.
• New Connection — New connection sends out system log for two cases.
— Will be logged if a remote client establishes a connection with the remote server.
— Will be logged when traffic is allowed into the secured network through port forwarding or Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) service.
Step 5. Click Save.