Cisco Support Community
This article explains the query of the Dynamic Address Table on SRW WebView Switches. The dynamic address table contains the address parameters. When a packet enters the switch which looks for its destination, the switch stores the MAC address of the source in its database table and searches for the destination address in its database table. If the destination address is found in the table, the switch directly uses the address to forward the packet to the destination. If the address is not found in the database, the switch floods the packet to all of its other interfaces. This dynamic address table is dynamic in nature and erases the database table after some time (Aging Time) and updates its table with the new entries.
• SRW WebView Switches
Steps to Query Dynamic Address Table
Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility and choose Admin > Dynamic Address. The Dynamic Address page opens:
Step 2. Enter the aging time in terms of seconds in the Address Aging field. It specifies the amount of time the entry remains in the database table before it is timed out if no traffic from the source is detected. The default aging interval is 300 seconds.
Step 3. (Optional) Check the Clear Table check box to clear the contents of the table and click Query.
Step 4. The dynamic address table can be queried based on the following options. To choose an option, check the desired check box. Based on the chosen option the address table sorts its content.
• Port — Click the option to choose an interface, for that interface address the table is queried.
– Port — Represents a single port. Choose the particular port from the Port drop-down list.
– LAG — Link Aggregation Group is multiple network connections in parallel to increase the throughput. Choose the particular LAG from the LAG drop-down list.
• MAC Address — Enter the MAC address in the MAC address field, for which the table is queried.
• VLAN ID — Enter the VLAN ID in the VLAN ID field, for which the table is queried.
Step 5. Choose the key from the Address Table Sort Key drop-down list, based on the chosen key the address table is sorted. The options are VLAN, Interface, and Address.
Step 6. Click Query. Based on the query option chosen in the Query by section, the dynamic address table displays the results.
Step 7. Click Save Settings to save the settings.