Cisco Support Community
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an Internet-standard protocol used to provide a simple method of centralizing the management of IP-based networks. SNMP Views provide or block access to the SRW WebView Switches.
The objective of this document is to explain how to configure SNMP Views for the SRW WebView Switches.
• SRW WebView Switches
SNMP Views Configuration
Step 1. Log in to web configuration utility and choose SNMP > Views. The Views page opens:
Step 2. Click the appropriate radio button to choose the View name.
• View Name — This displays the user defined views. You can choose Default or DefaultSuper View name under the View Name drop-down list. Default view name shows the default SNMP views to read and read or write. DefaultSuper shows the SNMP views for the administrator.
• New View Name — This is used to create new view name. If you choose New View Name, enter the IP address of the new view in the New View Name field. The new view name will be shown under the View Name drop-down list.
Step 3. Click the appropriate radio button to choose the Subtree ID Tree. The Subtree ID Tree is the object identifier feature of the SRW WebView Device .
• Select from List — This enables a subtree from the list. If you choose Select from List, choose the appropriate Subtree ID from the list with the use of the Up or Down buttons.
• Insert — This enables a new subtree which is not in the list.
Step 4. Choose the appropriate view type from the View Type drop-down list.
• Included — This indicates that the object identifier will be included in the SNMP views.
• Excluded — This indicates that the object identifier will be excluded in the SNMP views.
Step 5. Click Add to List to add the SNMP View Settings in the table.
Step 6. (Optional) If you want to delete any of the SNMP Views configurations, click the specific view from the table and click Delete.
Step 7. Scroll down and click Save Settings to save all settings.