Cisco Support Community
The objective of this document is to configure Dynamic domain name system (DDNS) for DynDNS.org on WRV200 series Routers. DDNS is a protocol that enables a router to notify the DNS server to change the active DNS configuration at real time. If the internet service provider (ISP) does not provide your system with any static internet protocol (IP), the DDNS allows the system to have a virtual static IP. You need to sign up for DDNS service at DynDNS.org to use this feature.
This document explains how to configure DDNS for service provider DynDNS.org on WRV200.
Account set up with DDNS service provider
Step 1. Choose Setup > DDNS in the router configuration utility on a WRV200 series router to open the Dynamic DNS configuration page.
Step 2. Choose DynDNS.org from the DDNS service Provider drop-down menu.
This will show the following fields:
• User Name: Enter the user name of the account you set up with DynDNS.org.
• Password: Enter the DynDNS.org account password.
• Host Name: Enter the host name of the account you set up with DynDNS.org.
• Internet IP Address: Router's current IP address is displayed here.
• Status: The status of the DDNS service connection is displayed here.
Note: To undo all the changes and go back to default settings, click on Cancel Changes.
Step 3. Click Save Settings to save and apply the new settings. These will now become the new default settings.