Cisco Support Community
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a network protocol that helps network administrator to track status of the router and also to manage the network in critical situations. This document helps administrator configure SNMP on WRV210 routers.
• WRV210 Wireless-G Router
SNMP Configuration on WRV210 Router
Step 1. Using the Web-based Setup page for the WRV210, choose Administration > Management.
Step 2. SNMP is a set of protocols used to manage complex networks. To configure SNMP click Enabled .
Note:To use SNMP, PC should have SNMP software in it.
• Contact — Enter the contact name for the router.
• Device Name — Enter the name of the device which can be identified in the SNMP software .
• Location — Enter the location of the router.
• Get Community — Enetr SNMP community name, creates read-only community which is used to access the information for SNMP agent.
• Set Community — Enter SNMP community name, creates read-write community which is used to access the information for SNMP agent.
• SNMP Trap-Community — Enter the Trap community name , used when sending traps.
• SNMP Trusted Host — Enter the IP address of the PC which has SNMP software.
• SNMP Trap-Destination — Enter the IP address of the host to receive traps from SNMP agent.
Step 3. Click Save to apply changes or click Cancel to undo changes.