Cisco Support Community
The WAN traffic meter on the RV180 and RV180W Routers allows an administrator to limit the amount of traffic on the router which helps save bandwidth. This article explains how to configure the WAN traffic meter on the RV180 and RV180W.
Steps of Procedure
Step 1. Use the web configuration utility to choose Administration > WAN Traffic Meter.
Step 2. Check the Enable checkbox to enable the WAN traffic meter.
Step 3. Choose a traffic type for which you want to view statistics from the Traffic Limit Type drop-down menu.
• No Limit — This option displays no statistics.
• Download Only — This option displays statistics for traffic from the Internet to the router.
• Both Directions — This option displays statistics for traffic from the router to the Internet and from the Internet to the Router.
Step 2. In the Monthly Limit field, enter a limit in megabytes for the amount of traffic goes to and from the router.
Step 3. To increase the current monthly limit, click the checkbox to the right of Increase this Month's Limit by and enter the size in megabytes to increase the limit.
Step 4. To the right of Traffic Counter, click a radio button for when to restart the traffic counter.
• Restart Now — This option restarts the counter after the changes are saved.
• Specific Time — This option allows the administrator to choose a specific time to have the counter restart from the Restart Time drop-down menus.
Step 5. To send the current traffic statistics via E-mail before restarting the counter, check the checkbox to the right of Send E-Mail Report Before Restarting Counter.
Step 6. To right of Traffic Block Status, click a radio button for what the router blocks when the traffic limit is reached.
• Block All Traffic — This option blocks all traffic to and from the router.
• Block All Traffic Except E-Mail — This option only allows E-mail to pass to and from the router.
Step 7. To the right of Send E-Mail Alert, check the Enable checkbox to have the router send an alert E-mail when the traffic limit is reached.
Step 8. Click Save.