Cisco Support Community
Cisco Smart Software Licensing is a new way of thinking about licensing. It simplifies the licensing experience across the enterprise making it easier to purchase, deploy, track, and renew Cisco Software. It provides visibility into license ownership and consumption through a single, simple user interface.
With Smart Software Manager, you can organize and view your licenses in groups called virtual accounts. You can use Smart Software Manager to transfer licenses between virtual accounts as needed. You can also run and export reports for all the licenses from different virtual accounts that you have access to. This is very useful in scenarios wherein several administrators are managing the network.
The Reports tab of the Smart Software Manager provides functions that allow you to run reports on your virtual accounts. This article provides instructions on how to generate the reports in your virtual account.
Generate Reports in a Virtual Account
Step 1. Using your web browser, access the Cisco Software Central page then log into your Smart Account.
Note: If you do not have an account yet, create a new one by clicking Register Now.
Step 2. In the Cisco Software Central page, choose License > Smart Software Licensing.
Note: Alternatively, you can click Smart Software Licensing under the License area.
Step 3. Click on Reports.
The Reports table displays the following information for each supported report:
- Name — The name of the Cisco Smart Software Manager satellite report.
- Description — The description of the Report.
Step 4. Click the name of the report that you want to manage.
The options are:
- Licenses — Summary of current license counts and usage over selected virtual accounts.
- License Subscriptions — Summary of current subscription license counts and usage over selected virtual accounts.
- Product Instances — Count and listing of current product instances for selected virtual accounts.
Note: In this example, License Subscriptions is chosen.
Step 5. In the Name field, enter the name that you want to assign to the report.
Note: In this example, Active License Subscriptions Report is used.
Step 6. (Optional) Enter the description that you want to use for the report in the Description field.
Note: In this example, Active License Subscriptions for March 2017 is used.
Step 7. Check one or more check boxes of the virtual accounts that you want to run the report against from the Virtual Accounts drop-down list. You can choose all Virtual Accounts to run the report against all virtual accounts.
Note: In this example, sbsb is chosen.
Step 8. (Optional) If License Subscriptions is chosen in Step 4, choose a subscription status from the Subscription Status drop-down list.
Note: If Licenses is chosen in Step 4, skip to Step 10.
The options are:
- All Subscriptions — Run report for all subscriptions.
- Active Only — Run report for active subscriptions.
- Expired or Canceled Only — Run report for expired or canceled subscriptions.
Note: In this example, Active Only is chosen.
Step 9. (Optional) If Product Instances is chosen in Step 4, choose the product type that you want to run the report against. You can choose one or more product families.
Step 10. Click on the button for the type of report you wish to generate:
The options are:
- Run Report — This option opens the report in a new browser window.
- Export to CSV — This option allows you to export a comma-separated values (CSV) file on your hard drive.
- Export to XLS — This option allows you to export a Microsoft Excel file on your hard drive.
You should now have managed the reports from your virtual account.