In the document Cisco TAC escalation engineer "Viten Patel" has explained "How to Configure PSK and 802.1X SSID on Catalyst 3850 Switches and 5760 Wireless Controller".
Unified Access CT5760 Wireless Controller
The CT5760 Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) is the first Cisco IOS® software-based controller built with smart ASIC intended to be deployed as a centralized controller in the next generation unified wireless architecture. CT5760 controllers are specifically designed to function like the older unified model central wireless controllers. They also support the newer Mobility functionality with Next Generation Wireless Controllers 3850 switches in the wireless architecture.
CT5760 controllers are deployed behind a core switch/router. The core switch/router is the only gateway into the network for the controller. The uplink ports connected to the core switch are configured as EtherChannel trunk to ensure port redundancy.
This new controller is an extensible and high performance wireless controller, which can scale up to 1000 access points (AP) and 12,000 clients. The controller has eight 6-10 Gbps data ports.
As a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, the 5760 series works in conjunction with Cisco Aironet Access Points, the Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and the Cisco Mobility Services Engine to support business-critical wireless data, voice, and video applications.
Unified Access Catalyst 3850 Switches
The Unified Access Catalyst 3850 switch is a flexible ASIC-based hardware that can support multiple protocols and has many advantages over the current hardware platform. The Catalyst
3850 switch has an integrated hardware-based wireless support with Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) and fragmentation. It also has 40 GB of uplink bandwidth when all ports function at line rate.
The Catalyst 3850 switch provides an open service platform. It has a 4-core CPU to leverage the operating system (OS) and to host various services. The Catalyst 3850 hardware is the next- generation switching hardware.
The UA Catalyst 3850 switch has unified wired and wireless architecture. The wireless operating system is Cisco IOS® software-based. UA Catalyst 3850 switch provides uniform wired and wireless policies. It can house 50 access points (802.11n) and support 2000 clients per stack.
Refer to the Catalyst 3850 Configuration Guides page for detailed information on configuration recommendation.
- Configuration Example - Converged Access mobility on Unified WLC and NGWC using GUI
- Configuration Example - Converged Access mobility on Unified WLC and NGWC using CLI
- Configuring Example - LDAP with WPA2 / Dot1X on Converged Access for Cisco 5760 WLC and Catalyst 3850
- Configuration Example - WPA2 / Dot1X on Converged Access for Cisco 5760 WLC and Catalyst 3850
- Configuring Example - Local Authentication with WPA2 / Dot1X on Converged Access for Cisco 5760 WLC and Catalyst 3850
- Configuration Example - 802.1X/EAP using External server, Local radius server and LDAP on Cisco 5760 WLC and Catalyst 3850
- How to configure converged access mobility or new mobility architecture on Unified WLC (5500) and NGWC (5760 WLC and Catalyst 3850)
- Converged Access – Local WebAuth with local authentication and radius authentication on Catalyst 3850 Switches and 5760 Wireless Controller
- Converged Access - How to Configure PSK and 802.1X SSID on Catalyst 3850 Switches and 5760 Wireless Controller
- Converged Access – Configure SSID for Central Web Authentication (CWA) using ISE on Catalyst 3850 Switches and 5760 Wireless Controller
- Getting started with WLC 5760 and 3850
- Mobility Config and Verification between legacy CUWN(5500/WiSM2) and Converged Access(3850) also called New Mobility
- Converged Access Mobility Architecture FAQ
- Converged Access Mode for Cisco 5760 Wireless LAN Controller and Cisco Catalyst 3850
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches - Cisco Unified Access Technology Overview: Converged Access
- CT5760 Controller Deployment Guide
- Release Notes for Cisco 5760 Wireless LAN Controller, Cisco IOS XE Release 3.2.xSE
- Cisco 5700 Series Wireless Controller Data Sheet