The Cisco VPN Client is a software application that runs on these platforms:
- Microsoft Windows-based PC
- Sun UltraSPARC
When communicating with a Cisco VPN headend device, the VPN Client creates a secure connection over the Internet. This allows access to a private network as if you were an on-site user. This secure connection is a VPN.
To download the VPN Client, access Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) Cryptographic software.
For more information, refer to these documents:
- For VPN Client software download and readme files, refer to the Cisco VPN Client 3DES Cryptographic Software Download.
- For system requirements and installation notes, refer to the Cisco VPN Client: Versions and Options.
- For installation instructions for Microsoft Windows, refer to Installing the VPN Client.
- For installation instructions for the VPN Client for Solaris, Linux and Windows, refer to Installing the VPN Client.
- For MAC OS X installation instructions, refer to Installing the VPN Client.
- Cisco Hardware and VPN Clients Supporting IPSec/PPTP/L2TP
- How to Manually Uninstall the Cisco VPN Client 3.5 for Windows