If the administrator password was never changed from the default password, execute the following steps to restore or reset the administrator password:
- Press the Menu button.
- Press the Up or Down scroll button to select Admin Setup.
- Press the Select button.
- Enter the administrator password. The default administrator password is **#
- Press the Enter softkey.
- Press the Up or Down scroll button to select Change Passcode and then press the Select button.
- Use the dialing pad to enter the new password in the Passcode field. Use the < softkey to correct any mistakes.
- Re-enter the new password in the Confirm field.
- Press the Save softkey to save the new password, or press the Cancel softkey to exit without saving.
A message appears confirming that the settings have been restored to the defaults and the IP Conference Station will restart.
Note : You must hang up all calls before you can restart the IP Conference Station.
If the administrator password has been changed before, try one or all of the following workarounds to reset or restore the administrator password:
- Try entering a blank password.
- Try resetting the phone back to factory defaults by typing **1.
- If you enter the key sequence **1 on the phone, it should initiate a reset to factory defaults operation, which should also reset the admin password.
- After typing **1 from the phone, a dialog will appear asking if you want to delete the phone configuration.
If you press Yes it will clear the complete setting.
If you press No, it will put you in the phone setting menu screen, which also gives the option of changing the password.
If none of the above workarounds solve the problem, then the IP phone may need to be replaced. This can be done opening a Service Request with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) requesting a Return Materials Autorization (RMA).
Note: To open an RMA you will be required to provide the following information:
- (Required) Serial Number:
- Contract Number:
- Part model Number(s) to be replaced:
- (On-Site) Contact Name:
- (On-Site) Contact Number:
- Company Name:
- Delivery Address:
For related information, refer to: