- Gold, 750 points or more
Analog recEive and transMit (E&M) signaling between the Cisco gateway voice trunk and the attached PBX trunk can take any of the three dial supervision signaling types, as long as the PBX, router and gateway match.
In addition, the E&M type and audio implementation configuration needs to be selected accordingly.
These are the four main parameters that define an analog E&M implementation:
- E&M interface types and wiring arrangement (Type I through V)
- Audio implementation (two wire and four wire)
- Start dial supervision signaling (immediate, winkstart and delaystart)
- Address signaling (Dual Tone Multifrequency [DTMF] and pulse)
The configuration of E&M on Cisco IOS Software gateways is similar across all platforms. The voice port configuration is very important.
To resolve this issue, configure these four criteria on the voice ports.
For more information, refer to these documents:
- For an overview of analog E&M signaling, refer to Analog E&M Voice Signaling Overview.
- For more information on E&M dial supervision signaling, refer to Understanding and Troubleshooting Analog E&M Start Dial Supervision Signaling.
- For information on configuring E&M voice ports, refer to the Configuring E&M Voice Ports section of Configuring Voice Ports.
- The E&M Signaling section of Voice Network Signaling and Control
- How to resolve analog E&M circuit issues.