- Gold, 750 points or more
This message means that a configured boot system command failed.
These are the reasons that can cause this:
- The image or file is no longer available in the Flash.
- The Flash device is not accessible.
- Boot statement configured or the filename typed in the boot command is incorrect.
Complete these steps in order to resolve this issue:
- Issue the no boot system command. This command removes all the earlier boot commands configured.
- Issue the boot system command in the same order as you want the MSFC to try while you boot.
Note: If the boot commands are not configured, MSFC tries for all bootable files in the order they appear in the Flash device.
Refer to the MSFC or MSFC2 throws SYS-6-READ_BOOTFILE_FAIL error while booting section of Troubleshooting Hardware and Related Issues on the MSFC, MSFC2, and MSFC2a for more information.