The Cisco ASA 5500 Series Content Security and Control Security Services Module (CSC-SSM) delivers threat protection and content control by providing comprehensive antivirus, anti-spyware, file blocking, anti-spam, anti-phishing, URL blocking and filtering, and content filtering.
- Comprehensive malware protection:
- The CSC-SSM can prevent virtually all known malicious code from entering and propagating across the network.
- Advanced content filtering:
- The module integrates How to configure URL filtering in the PIX Firewall, content filtering and anti-phishing technology to protect content across the network.
- Integrated message security
- The CSC-SSM integrates anti-spam technology that removes the vast majority of unsolicited e-mail before it gets to the mail server which results in improvement of network bandwidth and storage resources.
- Customization and tuning capabilities:
- Provides the ability to customize control over spam and content functions.
- The CSC-SSM has an intuitive interface integrated with the ASA-5500 Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) which provides the following benefits:
- Enables simple, user-friendly initial configuration
- Easy deployment into the network
- Monitoring and user control over ongoing operations
- Automatic updates capabilities:
- All CSC Overview - components including scanning engines and pattern files are automatically updated.