Cisco IOS button commands
I've seen a bit of confusion on the site regarding Button Separators used for assigning an Ephone-dn (or extension) to an ephone.
an example of the syntax to assign a extention with ephone-dn tag 17 with a normal ring, to button one on an ephone with a tag of one would be:
There are different separators available to you from the command line:
- : Normal Ring
- b - beep but no ring. No audible ring but callwaiting does beep. Visual activity on phone is same as normal ring
- f - feature ring. Ring cadence changes and internal and external calls have different cadences
- m - monitor mode on a shared line. line status indicator shows if line is in use. Can be used as spped dial to monitored line. Can not accept incoming calls.
- w - Watch mode for all lines that this DN is the primary number.
- s - slient ring. Suppresses Audible alerts and call waiting sound for this line. Visual alerting is the same as a normal ring.
Overlay dn button commands:
An overlay set allows you to map many ephone-dns to one physical button on the phone.
- o creates an overlay set without call waiting
- c creates an overlay set with call waiting
- x creates an overlay rollover / expansion button - for use when a primary overy button is occupied with a call instead of using call waiting.
an example of the syntax to assign a extention with ephone-dn tag 17, and ephone-dn18 , to button two on an ephone with a tag of 3 would be: