May 31, 2010 7:24 AM
With Cisco Callmanager 4.1, when using 796x phones with 7914 expansion modules, the speed dials does not show up on the expansion module.
To resolve the issue, perform these steps:
- Make sure that the firmware is correctly loaded and there are no connectivity issues with the devices
- Go to the Cisco 796x configuration page and make sure to set the Module 1 to 7914.
- Create a phone button template for the Cisco IP Phone 7914 Expansion Module with the Standard Cisco IP phone Model 796x phone button template as described in this procedure:
- Go to the CCM Administration page. Choose Device > Device Settings > Phone Button Template.
- Click the Find button.Click Standard 796x, say 7965.
- Click the Copy button and rename the new template as 7965 with 7914.
- From the Feature column, choose Speed Dial for the buttons that you want to configure as speed dial. On the Label column, enter the label to be displayed on the module for that button. (If you do not want a label, leave this blank.)
- Go to Device > Phone, and search for the phone that has the 7914 installed and click on the same.
- Under the Phone Button Template Information section, choose the newly created 7965 with 7914 button template.
- Click the Update button, and Reset the phone.
- At the upper-right corner on the main phone configuration, you can add and update the speed dials.
Refer the following documents for more information: