Cisco Support Community (CSC) users will now have the capability to open a Service Request (SR) from within CSC Discussions. This will provide a more user friendly experience along with ability to have all the context of a discussion thread tagged to your SR and available to TAC Engineers. This will enable a more efficient and thorough resolution to your service request.
1) What is the difference between creating a SR from within CSC vs. Cisco Support?
By opening a SR from a CSC discussion, you ensure that a TAC engineer will have easy access to the corresponding discussion which will accelerate the resolution of the issue.
2) When can I open a Service Request from within a discussion?
Provided you are logged in to CSC and have a support contract with Cisco, you will be able to open a SR from within a discussion that you have created. Click on the “Open Service Request” link located within the “Actions” widget on the right sight of the screen. A separate window will be launched from your browser opening the Service Request UI. Please refer to the Cisco Support page here to help answer any questions you may have on using the TAC Service Request Tool to open a SR.
3) Why can’t I submit a service request on my non-English local community site?
For the initial phase, this feature is only being offered to the English community.
4) Are there any future enhancements planned for this new capability?
Yes, there are plans to add capabilities and features in future phases and will be based primarily on customer feedback received about the initial phase.
5) Will a resolution to my service request appear in my original discussion thread?
A resolution may be posted to the discussion provided a resolution was found and the service request was closed. You will also receive case resolution notifications via email.
6) Am I the only one that can open a service request?
Yes, only the original author of a discussion thread may open a service request. That user must be a non-guest user and must also be logged in to CSC.
7) Can I attach files to my service request?
Yes, please refer to http://www.cisco.com/web/tsweb/tsrt/create-help.html
8) How may I provide feedback on this new capability?
Please feel free to provide feedback regarding this new capability.
Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org