- Cisco Employee,
"Cisco has raised the bar for this product category."
"The new Cisco 300 Series switches offered the most extensive capabilities, best performance, lowest latency, lowest overall energy consumption, and best user experience of any product in the evaluation. Cisco has incorporated the most extensive IPv6 support Tolly has seen in this class of product, which is an increasingly important feature for businesses of all sizes now that the IPv4 address space is fully allocated. The combination of an intuitive Web interface, delivering both simple and advanced configuration and management, and best-in-class pricing make these products ideal for the markets being served."
--- Kevin Tolly, founder, The Tolly Group
Cisco Systems commissioned Tolly to evaluate several models of the new Cisco Small Business 300 Series Managed Switches along with comparable models from D-Link, HP Networking, and NETGEAR. In all, eleven switches were tested.
The bottom line, the Cisco 300 Series 10/100 and GbE Managed Switches delivered:
- Wire-speed, non-blocking, Layer 2 throughput at all frame sizes tested from 64 to 1518 bytes
- Consistently low latency at all frame sizes
- Best Price/Performance among switches tested
- Most extensive feature set: IPv6, traffic shaping and rate limiting, scope of GUI-based configuration
- Lowest power consumption in 2 of the 3 classes testes, and best-in-class power efficiency overall
- Most extensive set of IPv6 protocol and application support
- Best usability with a simplified user interface delivering both basic and advances capabilities in an intuitive fashion