- Cisco Employee,
Unified Communications 320W model supports configuration of SIP trunks for Internet Telephone Service Provider VoIP telephony services. Configuration of SIP trunks are done via the Configuration Utility by any partner deploying Cisco UC320.
Cisco maintains a list on the support community of all known validated SIP trunk ITSPs on UC320. How can additional Service Providers be added to the list? Easy, Service Provider or an accredited partner must follow the process described here (Registered partners only). Process is summarized in following steps:
- Service Provider express interest on certifying UC320 SIP trunk and be listed. For this we recommend Service Providers to contact your Cisco Account Manager, or send an email to [email protected].
- After Service Provider validation, Cisco provides getting started documents (Registered partners only).
- Service Provider sends Cisco the SIP trunk header info file.
- (Optional) If required, Cisco provides the SP with the PMF file.
- Service Provider performs Self-testing according to the provided UC320 sample ATP (note we assume you have already a UC320 unit, if not the case, your Cisco Account Manager may be able to source you one).
- After tests are completed, SP sends the ATP results, the test sniffer traces (use TCPDump.pmf in Getting Started Documents), and the SIP trunk template info file.
- With this information, Cisco completes the SIP trunk configuration document and post it on the support community.
Any questions or comments about the process, please contact your Cisco Account Manager or [email protected]