Some customers want to put their Unity Connection server into the same SMTP domain as their Exchange server. However certain things will not work if this is done with Single Inbox.
1. 1. If you want to use Viewmail for Outlook this will have issues when attempting to Forward or Reply to messages
2. 2. You will likely not be able to route messages between nodes in a Digital network.
3. 3. Relaying of messages may not work properly.
4. 4. NDR’s to connection messages may get lost.
5. 5. SpeechView will not have a valid SMTP address to route to the Unity Connection server
6. Other issues could exist that are not mentioned here
It is recommended for full functionality put the Unity Connection into a different SMTP domain from the Exchange server that needs to be communicated with.
Doc Defect to have documentation improved to give customer's better guidance in choosing an SMTP domain: