- Cisco Employee,
- Time-of-Day routing routes calls to different locations based on the time of day when a call is made. For example, during business hours, calls can route to an office, and after hours, calls can go directly to a voice-messaging system or to a home number.
- This feature is available in Cisco Unified CM and we can also achieve this in Unified CME.
- Time-of-Day Routing is performed on CME via night-service feature on CME. Lets take a look how.
Configuring Time-of-Day Routing on CME
1. The first step involves defining night-service hours under telephony-service
night-service day Sun 08:00 07:59
night-service day Mon 17:00 07:59
night-service day Tue 17:00 07:59
night-service day Wed 17:00 07:59
night-service day Thu 17:00 07:59
night-service day Fri 17:00 07:59
night-service day Sat 08:00 07:59
Note:- The above configuration defined night-service hours from 17:00 to 07:59. When the end time is smaller than the start time, the system automatically counts that time for the next day. So the command 'night-service day Mon 17:00 07:59' means the night-service hours start from Monday 17:00 hrs and ends on Tuesday 07:59 hours.
2. The second step involves the usage of call-forward night-service <destination> command under the ephone-dn.
label Front Desk
name Front Desk
call-forward busy 9201
call-foward noan 9202 timeout 10
call-forward night-service 8501
- Assuming 8500 is the Front Desk number. As per the above configuration of ephone-dn during non night-service hours the call was forward to the 9201 and 9202 when busy or no answer.
- During night-service hours the call would be redirected to 8501 which could your Auto-Attendant number or it could be another destination. It could be pointing to a dial-peer which further points to your cell/home number. For example :-
dial-peer voice 20 pots
description == Security Room ==
- With the above configuration, the call will be sent to this dial-peer which is an Analog Phone in the security room. 1/1 is the FXS port on which Analog Phone is connected.
With the above configuration, you can achieve Time-of-Day Routing on a Cisco Unified CME.