- Gold, 750 points or more
Unable to upgrade the software image to version 7.x on ASA 5520
To upgrade the software, perform these steps:
- Check the requirements for running the software version from the Release Notes.
- Download the ASA Software Image.
- Copy the downloaded file to a tftp server.
- Issue the hostname(config)# copy tftp flash command on the ASA to copy the ASA image and ASDM image, one at a time.
- Add these lines in the ASA configuration:
hostname(config)# boot system disk0:/asa711-k8.bin
hostname(config)# asdm image disk0:/asdm511.bin
Note: Before adding the lines specified, ensure that any other boot system and asdm image commands are removed.
- Reload the PIX Appliance in order to boot with the new image.
Refer to the Upgrading to a New Software Version section of the Release Notes for more information
Note: A new SSL VPN License will be required for running the new software version, starting with version 7.1.x. The license can be obtained from email@example.com by sending a show version of the system after the upgrade has been done.