This document describes the errors while logging and starting up in CUPC..
Error: Login Failed
Error on logging in: Login failed. Make sure your username and password are correct.
- Make sure you have entered your username, password, and login server information correctly.
- Make sure your password is correct and has not changed else where on the system. To do so, visit the Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Options web page.
Now try to login by following the below steps :-
Step 1 Launch Cisco Unified Personal Communicator.
Step 2 Click Unblock if you see a window asking if you want the firewall to block Cisco Unified Personal Communicator.
Step 3 Enter your username and password.
If you are running Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.0(x), restart the Cisco UP XCP Router.
•If you are running Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.5(x), restart the following services:
–Restart the Cisco UP XCP Connection Manager if you edit Enable XMPP Client To CUP Secure Mode. Select Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Feature Services to restart this service
–Restart the Cisco UP XCP Web Connection Manager if you edit Enable Web Client To CUP Secure Mode. Select Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Feature Services to restart this service
Restart Cisco UP Intercluster Agent Sync.
Step 1 Select Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Network Services.
Step 2 Select the server from the Server list box and select Go.
Step 3 Select the radio button next to the Cisco UP XCP Router service in the CUP Services section.
Step 4 Select Restart.
Step 5 Select OK. when a message indicates that restarting may take a while.
- If unable to connect to LDAP then Make sure that LDAP bind username and password is correct.
Error: Application Starts Slowly
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator starts up very slowly.
Erase all recent communications items that you have marked for deletion. This is especially important if you have many voice mail messages.
- Remove from your contact list all contacts that you no longer need. A shorter contact list will load more quickly.
Identify the communication type of an item
Roll over the icon in the first column of the Recent communications pane to display text.
See a count of new missed calls or voice mails
The icon at the top of the Recent communications pane displays a number.
The count adjusts each time you open an "unread" item, whether or not you listen to the voice mail. A counter does not appear if you have no unread items of that type.
At your company, these indicators may not display numbers. If you see an icon, there is at least one new item of the type indicated.
Filter by communication type
1. Click View > Change Recent Communications Filter.
2. Select an option.
Sort the list
Click any column heading to sort by that heading.
Click again to reverse the sort order.
Instantly resize a column
1. Right-click an item in the column to resize.
2. Choose Best Fit.
Jump to a name
1. Click any name in the list.
2. Enter the first letter of the name.
View details about an item
Right-click an item in the Recent communications list and choose Open Call History or Open Voicemail.
Mark items read or unread
Select one or more items and right-click > Mark Read or Mark Unread.
Right-click an item and choose Delete Call History or Voicemail.
1. Choose View > Change Recent Communications Filter > Deleted from the menu bar at the top of the console.
2. Right-click is marked for deletion and choose Undelete Call History.
You cannot undelete items that have been purged.
Purge all items marked for deletion
Right-click in the Recent communications pane and choose Purge Deleted Communications.
Error: Desk Phone Device Unavailable
When I launch Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, I see a window that says "Desk Phone Device Unavailable."
The phone that you had previously associated with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator is not available.
- If you are not near a desk phone that you know you can use with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, click Use Softphone.
- If you want to choose a different desk phone with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, then click Select New Desk Phone.
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator can work with a Cisco Unified IP Phone such as the one on your desk, or work independently as a softphone.
If the phone mode is set to softphone, you can use your desk phone but calls you make using your desk phone do not display in the Recent communications list.
Step 1 Choose File > Phone Mode from the menu bar at the top of the console.
Step 2 Choose Desk Phone or Softphone.
Note:- If you want to use video, choose Softphone.
In case the administrator tells you to enable detailed logging, choose Help > Enable Detailed Logging. Use the same procedure to turn off detailed logging. Your settings remains until you change it,even after you restart. Detailed logging may impair performance, so you should turn it off as soon as you no longer need it.
Error: Auto Login Fails on startup of CUPC, manual login works after auto fails.
ResolutionRemove special character from password.
1) If end user login to CUCM User Option Page fails then we need to make sure that the System->LDAP->LDAP Authentication Page has the correct and updated information.
2) If end user login to CUPS User Option Page fails then restart the following services as Presence Server sometimes has old/cached information which sometimes is not updated properly:
- Cisco UP Sync Agent (CUPS Serviceability Page -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services) [Not Service Impacting]
- Cisco Tomcat (This service can only be restarted from CUPS CLI) [While restarting Cisco TOMCAT, CUPS Admin Page will be unavailable]
3) If the End user can successfully login to CUCM and CUPS User Option Page then sometime Presence Server Database is not updated with end user information.
Restart the Following services:-
- Cisco UP Intercluster Sync Agent (CUPS Serviceability Page -> Tools -> Control Center - Network Services) [Not Service Impacting as long as there is only ONE presence server and not a cluster]
- Cisco UP Client Profile Agent (CUPS Serviceability Page -> Tools ->Control Center - Network Services) [While Restarting Profile Agent, the CUPC will be unusable]