I am trying to join newly purchased Aironet 3602i access point to our 2504 controller with no success.
Here are the details:
- All other models of APs we have - Aironet 1142 and 1130AG - got no problem to join the controller and are working fine
- Controller software version is 188.8.131.52
- 3602 APs are able to receive IP address from DHCP and also can find controller IP address from CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER.domain.com
( 3602 AP console message shows that it is trying to joing the controller with IP address 192.168.20.10 which is correct one)
- on controller GUI from the Wireless tab the AP's name AP2c0xxxxxx shows up for a few seconds and then when I click on it it says that the AP is no longer exisiting on the controller
- I can ping from inside of the controller (via ssh) to 3206 AP and all computers in the network can ping the AP as well
- The above behavior is true for all 3602i APs I have tested so far and all APs are right out fo the box brand new ones
So I am wondering if the 2504 controller is not compatible with the new 3602i APs. Is that the case or there is some special steps required to make the APs join the controller?
Thank you so much!
Can you please post the following output:
1. WLC: sh sysinfo;
2. WAP: sh version;
3. WAP: sh inventory
To enable 3600 support, the WLC need to run at least 7.2.X firmware.