Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Distributed 5508 WLC

wscotty2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm currently investigating the possibility of installing 5508 WLCs in 2 of our data centres. The data centres will be connected by layer 3 MPLS (50ms rtt apart) . Remote offices will have an IP connection to each data centre via a mixture of MPLS and IPSec VPNs.

The plan is to configure the 5508 in DC1 as active and the 5508 in DC 2 as standby with the APs in the offices registering to DC1 WLC as the primary and DC2 WLC as a backup.

Will this work without any problems? Will the WLCs need to communicate, and if so, will this work over the layer 3 data centre interconnect?

Thanks                 

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The plan is to configure the 5508 in DC1 as active and the 5508 in DC 2 as standby with the APs in the offices registering to DC1 WLC as the primary and DC2 WLC as a backup.

Will this work without any problems? Will the WLCs need to communicate, and if so, will this work over the layer 3 data centre interconnect?

This will work as long as the WAP can "ping" the management interface of both WLC.  The best way to test is to configure the WAP to go to each WLC.

Alot of people have this kind of scenario.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 RESPUESTAS 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This will work as long as the WAP can "ping" the management interface of both WLC.  The best way to test is to configure the WAP to go to each WLC.

Alot of people have this kind of scenario.

Thats great, thanks for this.

One other question. We will have roughly 40 access points in one of the buildings that will need to support roaming voice. I was considering using flexconnect mode for the access points and breaking the voice traffic out locally,  but I then realised that as I can only have 25 APs in a flexconnect group, I will need to create multiple groups which can then cause complications with roaming between flexconnect groups, correct? If so, is it best to tunnel all traffic back to the WLC?

Thanks,

Vamos a comenzar

¡Conecte con otros expertos de Cisco y del mundo! Encuentre soluciones a sus problemas técnicos o comerciales, y aprenda compartiendo experiencias.

Queremos que su experiencia sea grata, le compartimos algunos links que le ayudarán a familiarizarse con la Comunidad de Cisco: