cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1121 upgrade from 5.2 to 5.5

Cheryl Krueger
Level 1
Level 1

I successfully upgraded the standalone appliance from 5.2 to 5.4 utilizing the upgrade application.  I then tried to upgrade from 5.4 to 5.5 and it ran successfully but after the reboot it doesn't load at all.  Is there a way to boot into a version and restore the configurations from the backup on the device?

3 Replies 3

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Cheryl,

Please open a TAC case for this.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Thank you Ed.  I ended up opening a TAC right after I created the question.  I am working with someone now to restore it.

For the benefit of others reading this thread: Cheryl Lee ran into bug CSCum04132 which I filed recently, there is a workaround which involves re-installing the MBR using a CentOS or Red Hat installation disc in Linux recovery mode. The step by step instructions are in the notes for the bug I just mentioned.

Javier Henderson

Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: