cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 factor authentication

bryonjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently using RADIUS for aaa authentication and authorization for both 802.1x as well as, logon to network devices. We need to implement a 2 factor authentication solution for logging into network devices.

Is there guidance published to implement CAC logon?

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which RADIUS server are you using?

We are using Windows Server 2008R2

karmina8401
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same issue, did you ever find a reasonable implementation to support this new requirement?

I am close. I am testing software and using an implementation guide I received from a vendor. At this point I am being authenticated but not authorized. The software package I was using to test was an evaluation version and has since expired. We are looking to purchase a licensed copy but things move very slowly. Road blocks... I'll update this when I make progress.

Any progress on this? We are in the process of attempting to implement 2-factor to our network devices using Secure CRT and an NPS (Radius) server. Any help would be appreciated.

Was this ever resolved?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: