cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Accounting report not showing commands issued.

paulhowlett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I am having trouble with AAA accounting on my ACS appliance 4.0. When I view the accounting log it lists connections, protocols and IP addresses but not the commands that have been run on the particular switch. When I do debug AAA accounting I do see ouput but when I debug Tacacs accounting I don't see anything. An exammple of my config is:

aaa new-model

aaa group server tacacs+ ACS

server [ip addresss here]

server [ip addresss here]

aaa accounting exec default start-stop group ACS

aaa accounting commands 0 start-stop group ACS

aaa accounting commands 15 start-stop group ACS

tacacs-server key [key here].

I've left out the authentication part of the config (on the above example) as this is working fine.

Anyone any ideas why the actual commands are not being captured on the ACS?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In ACS, the Command Accounting is logged to the TACACS+ Administration log not the TACACS+ Accounting log! Don't ask me why, it just is. At least it is on mine and took me a while to discover as well.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Paul,

Make sure you have the following commands under the vty interfaces of the devices

line vty 0 4

accounting connection

accounting commands 1

accounting commands 15

accounting exec

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi

Can u include the default under the accounting commands and check

aaa accounting commands 15 default start-stop group ACS

Hope this helps

regards

vanesh k

Hi, I've entered the commands (on a Catalyst 4948)but they [commands] don't show in the config.

I have also entered the 'default' command as suggested too. Still nothing under the 'cmd', 'cmd-arg'or 'event' in the ACS appliance Accounting log.

Thanks.

In ACS, the Command Accounting is logged to the TACACS+ Administration log not the TACACS+ Accounting log! Don't ask me why, it just is. At least it is on mine and took me a while to discover as well.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike

You are spot on! I expected it to be in the accounting log but - the obvious place I would have thought. Thank you.