cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

aaa accounting user ip address information?

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

When using a cisco router in conjunction with Ciscosecure ACS, I can't get a aaa accounting record of the ip address assigned to a dial-up client until the client terminates the session and the stop record appears in ACS. Regardless of using RADIUS IETF or TACACS+, the ip address assigned to a client does not appear in the aaa accounting start record, only the stop record. I am using an ip pool on the Cisco NAS and aaa accounting is set to start-stop accounting. How do I get to see the ip address assigned to a 'logged-in' user in ACS? At the moment, I have to log into the NAS and run the command 'show users' to see this info.

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to know which ios image you have it. There is a old bug CSCdk17573 which talks about that. It reports "Need Framed-address in network PPP/IP start accounting record" So pl. visit to cco bug toolkit and track that bug and have the router/NAS runs the fixed image of that bug to resolve.

IOS is 12.2(12a) on a 3640. I've also enabled the 'framed ip address' attribute (for RADIUS) as described in http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t5/dtrattr8.htm#xtocid141290.

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: