Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AAA Accounting 'wait-start' option

I am configuring aaa accounting on a Catalyst 3750 running 12.2(25)SEE, but not have the wait-start option; I only have start-stop and stop-only. So I go to univercd and the wait-start option is in the IOS documentation for 12.0 and prior, but does not show up in documentation for 12.1 and beyond. I cannot find any evidence, however, that the option was removed in any documentation that I have found. So I use start-stop and continue configuring on other devices. Then, I get to a Cisco 2621 router running 12.2(5d), and it does have the wait-start option. Any ideas why it would be available on one and not the other? Is it a router/switch thing? Also, any idea why it disappears from the IOS documentation at version 12.1 and up, even though it shows as an option on a router with 12.2? Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: AAA Accounting 'wait-start' option

As I understood it, each device group runs their own source train of IOS and it can all get a bit messy.

for example multiple implementations of 802.1x across the various device types.

A difference between routers and switches is not suprising to an old ex-cisco hack.

Views
Helpful
Replies