Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAA authentication banner

I configured my 3750 switches to use the "aaa authentication banner" command and I setup a custom banner. If the ACS server is online I don't see this custom banner. If I disconnect the Cisco ACS server from the network forcing local authentication, the banner is displayed. The "aaa authentication fail-message" works perfectly all the time. Why is the aaa authentication banner not being displayed?

Thanks for the help.

Joe

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: AAA authentication banner

Look like your platform does not support aaa

authentication banner:

The following platforms support login banners for AAA authentication:

•Cisco 1003, Cisco 1004, Cisco 1005

•Cisco 2500 series

•Cisco 3000/IGS

•Cisco 4000 series (Cisco 4000, 4000-M, 4500, 4500-M, 4700, 4700-M)

•Cisco AS5200 series

•Cisco AS5300

•Cisco 7000 series

•Cisco 7200 series

•Cisco 7500 series

That being said, it is not working on the

Cisco VXR7204 either.

Thanks for the information. Could you please tell me where you found this information?

Thanks

Joe

Silver

Hi,

That link is out of date as it refers to IOS version 11.3 - the feature really is supported (which can be checked using the feature navigator).

The original question refers to the feature not working as expected - not whether it's supported or not. If we check the command reference we can see a note as follows:

The AAA authentication banner message is not displayed if TACACS+ is the first method in the method list.

I suspect this might be why it isn't working as expected. If so, a message of the day banner might be a better solution. (Using the banner motd command.)

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks for the info. I am glad I finally understand why this is not working that way I thought it would.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content