Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAA login authenticaction when not connected to network

Hi, I'm preparing a SUP-720 in a lab environment with a customer's configuration on it.

When it boots up, I get the MOTD and then 'press RETURN to get started'. As soon as I press enter, I get an #% Authentication failed.' message and it just displays the MOTD again, so it never actually prompts me for a password. It's configured for TACACS and then to use the line password as a backup - aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ line

It's not going to see the TACACS server because it's not on a network and it doesn't have the right linecards in the right slots, but I expect it to prompt me for the password that is configured under 'line vty 0 4'

Any ideas? Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: AAA login authenticaction when not connected to network

I have managed to answer this myself - a password was needed on the console port.

Hi d-fillmore.

I have a this problem too. And I still can not fidn the answer for this. confreg 0x2142 doesn't work.Is there anyway to fix it, or we have to remove CMOS Pin on sup's mainboard.

Thx for your help

Cisco Employee

Hi Hung Pin,

The procedure for password recovery is here.

If it does not work, please paste your console output to see what you are getting when you follow this process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_password_recovery09186a0080133fb1.shtml

Otherwise, as per previous post, you will need a line password configured, if your fallback is line, os it will use the line password, if the tacacs is not reachable.

Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content