Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA & MS IAS shell and vpn?

pcresswell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ASA5510 device and wish to use Microsoft IAS to provide AAA. Is it possible to use the same IAS server to Authorize VPN and Telnet users?

I wish to use AD credentials but I want to specify different sets of users to access either telnet or VPN.

Is there any documentation on this? From what litte documentation I have been able to find I think I need to specify different service types for VPN and telnet, but I cannot find which service-types I should choose.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Peter

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Which vpn device or concentrator are you using for authorization?. Let me know regarding this. I think the following document will give you some tips in resolving your issues .Because, this document speaks about microsoft 2000 ias authentication and authorization with vpn 500 concentrator.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2301/products_configuration_example09186a0080094b13.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: